Thursday, June 4, 2009

Titan Knight (3)

Work continued on the Titan Knight today. I have decided to go with the Knight Paladin configuration. That means a Battle Cannon on the right, a twin-linked heavy bolter mounted on the body and a Dreadnought CC weapon on the left.

I managed to scrounge part of the cannon from the Shadowsword kit (I went with the Stormlord but that's another post). As shown below, it fit in the arm rather nicely.


Here's close up of the work I did on the arm. I just eyeballed the size and carefully cut out the circular shape with my trusty hobby knife. There is a particular blade available that suited the work perfectly. As with most mods like this, it takes a great deal of time and patience.


After dry testing the cannon, I went to work with the glue, basically "welding" the joints together with superglue. Another option would have been to use plastic glue but I get nervous using it on unique projects since it chemically bonds the plastic. That means "no mistakes".


The red lines below indicate where I will glue some small pieces of plasticard to square off the housing.


This project is turning out to be great fun. I think I see another of these in my future...


The war goes on,
Hessler

3 comments:

Itkovian said...

Hello , sir!

Just had a read through your blog. You have several very nice projects going on at the moment!

I'm loving the knight so far: I've been eyeing that Gunther up for quite a while. Maybe once I have the first two platoons done, I'll take the plunge and aquire one.

Nice work on the battlecannon. Is the whole of the forearm hollow? My immediate thought would have been to use some putty as a plug - and to make the mounting more solid.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see that command squad painted!

Col. Hessler said...

I have thought about putting some putty in there but once I build out the rest of the housing, I think the stability will be there.

The arm isn't solid, there is very little space to work with. I recommend the model it's a little tricky to put together but I am liking more and more every day. If you get one, feel free to tap me for tips.

Thanks for the kind words.

Itkovian said...

I will do, sir, I will do... ;)