Friday, June 5, 2009

HQ Command Squad (2)

I put the modeling aside for a while and got into to paint mode today. I have started on my Company Commander, working to get all the base colors done first. A few things about my overall scheme: all the weapons will have a wood grain element worked in. I really like the old school look of a wood stock or handle on a futuristic weapon. The basic visual theme will be based on WW2 German army colors. The Waffen SS is famous for being one of the first units to effectively implement camouflage onto the battlefield. I will attempt to apply various SS camo schemes into the elements of my IG army. (NOTE: I don't condone anything about Nazis, facism, or any attrocities that occured in WW2. Please don't bother to bring it up.)








More HQ updates coming soon.


The war goes on,
Hessler

2 comments:

Itkovian said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the camo schemes!

Although I do have misgivings on having wooden bodywork for plasma weapons... :P

Col. Hessler said...

lol, I know. I think film makers call it "suspension of disbelief".