Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tanks & Troops

I have finally got caught up and was able to get some stuff painted and pics taken. The bits market has been blowing up and I am just able to keep myself caught up.

First, a few pics of my Vanquisher. She features the GW Tank Commander from their website that will serve as my version of Pask. Also featured are the Mars Alpha hull and Gryphonne Vanquisher turret, both courtesy of Forge World...




Up next is my first infantry squad. I will field a 2-3 squad platoon, supported by 2 heavy weapons squads and a special weapons squad.

I give you the Sadoukad Terror Troops...






I used heads and packs from West Wind Productions and I trimmed off the shoulder pads to give a more basic style. This will be offset by my Veteran squads, who will have the full carapace armor.

Anyways, that's it for now. C&C is much appreciated.

The war goes on,
Hessler

8 comments:

NemFX said...

I dunno man.. They are lacking something.. For 'terror' troops they aren't really scary. If anything, they look underwhelming/unprepared. I'd add more to the masks.. Like breather tubes or something. Maybe make them look a bit more veteran with some grenades and webbing. Just my two cents.

John Stiening said...

They look kind of third world meets 1940s tech to me, so they pass for frightening in my book!

Itkovian said...

Looking good matey! I like the use of the old-style grenade launcher.

Col. Corbane said...

That vanquisher looks good, the gryphonne turret is much better than the ryza one. The troops look excellent, shaving off the shoulder caps really change the look of the model.

Col. Hessler said...

@NemFX- I see your points but, as it says in the post, these are basic grunts who hold the line; definitely not veterans. I have considered adding a hose of some kind to the re-breather.

@Iktovian- The GL is actually from the FW Kreig Weapons Kit. Seeing as it doesn't have shoulder pads to deal with, it fit right in.

the other Kevin said...

Great looking pieces. I favor the GL as well. The wood trim is a very interesting idea, and you've done it well.

darius said...

what is the color of you using for uniform

Col. Hessler said...

The color I use is Vallejo German Uniform.