Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ragnarok Finished

I finished the Ragnarok today.  Paint color is Vallejo US Green, which is similar to Catachan Green.  I did some sponging with boltgun metal, I might try something darker next time, like a rust-brown.  I applied Tamiya weathering powder (soot) over the entire hull and then came back over with a dry brush of the green to blend it in.  I didn't find much room for stowage on this tank but I at least found space to hang a rolled up tarp.  The camo netting on the gun is made by Verlinden, it comes in a huge sheet and is pre-stained.  I applied it the same way most do, with some watered down white glue.  Here the pics...


I might still do some more detailing on the battle damage on both sides to make it stand out more.  Here's pick with the armor skirts removed, I'm partial to this look, I think...


That's it for now.  Up next are my mechanized rough riders.  C&C is always appreciated.

The war goes on,
Hessler

5 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Absolutely beautiful! You've done a great job, the side armor plates really make the model in my opinion, but it's gorgeous without too. Can't wait to see the rough riders!

the other Kevin said...

Great looking tank, with or without the side armor! Wish I could see it on the table.
I didn't know Verlinden made camo netting. I'll have to look into that kit.

Colin Hagreen said...

Really nice; I think I have to make some side armour for mine now!

Cheers, Colin

http://thewulfweb.blogspot.com

http://thewulfweb.blogspot.com/search/label/imperial%20guard

Hal'jin said...

Nice work!

Papa JJ said...

Looks awesome, very nice work. Thanks for the tip about the camo netting.