Monday, April 19, 2010

Greatcoat Trenchers Finished!

Wow, I finally got this squad finished. I'm extremely happy with how they came out and I see this as the beginning of a long-term army project. I will do some Vickers-style heavy bolters and this might actually be the proper army for the GW version of the Leman Russ(maybe...). All of that, however, is far down the road. Here be some pics...



I will now move on to the task of going through all the incomplete builds and projects I have started but never finished. I will force myself to do this before I start one more new project.

Anyways, thanks for checking this out and please feel free to leave comments or criticisms.

The war goes on,
Hessler

7 comments:

BLACKHAND said...

Nice work! It probably takes time but (a lot of time) but the result is definitely worth it and the variation between troops give the squad a great look.

the other Kevin said...

This army is coming along nicely. I'm enjoying the unique conversion ideas.

One of my main goals this year is to finish painting what I have built, so I can relate to your goal of finishing your incomplete builds.

Admiral Drax said...

These are really, really good, mate: I'm tremendously pleased for you. Love the idea of the Vickers gun, too!

Admiral Drax said...

These are really, really good, mate: I'm tremendously pleased for you. Love the idea of the Vickers gun, too!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Excellent conversions, nice & smooth perfect! I'm sure you'll get lots of people looking at them closely trying to figure out what the miniatures are made from without asking.

Mordian7th said...

Fantastic! I really love how they turned out, excellent work from beginning to end!

Anonymous said...

Great work on the long coats. My army is quite similar and use the bodies from the Brettonian Men-at-arms and peasant archers. Yours get the proper trench coat quite well.