Friday, April 30, 2010

Movies To Work By

Like many of you, I like to throw a movie into the laptop and have it playing in the background while I build my little Imperial servants. Here's my Top 5 list...
  1. Aliens
  2. Starship Troopers
  3. Zulu
  4. Saving Private Ryan
  5. A Bridge Too Far
Now...there are many other movies I can name, but these are the 5 I tend reach for over the others. Also, I don't think it fits in this list, the Starship Troopers Roughnecks animated CGI series is very cool as well.

My musical choices would include Ozric Tentacles, Flower Kings, and Miles Davis.

So, now it's your turn. Tell me your Top 5 lists. What about music? Give your musical choices for both hobby time and during games.

The war goes on,
Hessleer

8 comments:

slipwing said...

Hard to narrow it down to just five, but if I must.

1. Aliens
2. Starship Troopers
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. The Guns of Navarone
5. Enemy at the Gates

Anonymous said...

1. Aliens
2. Blood of Heros
3. Siege of Firebase Gloria
4. Enemy at the Gates
5. Judge Dredd

Music
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Ozzy
3. Rush
4. Cheezy 90's Hair Metal
5. Cheezy 80's Pop

Anonymous said...

1. Aliens
2. Blood of Heros
3. Siege of Firebase Gloria
4. Enemy at the Gates
5. Judge Dredd

Music
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Ozzy
3. Rush
4. Cheezy 90's Hair Metal
5. Cheezy 80's Pop

Matt said...

So many choices...It really depends on the mood I'm in at the moment but in general and a trend I've scene.
1-Aliens
2-Predator 1 or 2 but usually 1
3-Band of Brothers
4-Starship troopers
5-Full Metal Jacket
Although The dark Knight and Braveheart came in really close.

Music-Just put the downloads on shuffle

Tiberius Primaris said...

I would have to say my top 5 are:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Aliens
3.Star Wars
4.Leon
5.300

I enjoy listening to The Doors as i paint.

JoshRossington said...

I've painted more than 90 Guardsmen while watching Starship Troopers.

Band of Brothers has seen me through 2 Valks, 2 LRCs, 3 Chimeras, 6 LRBTs and a drop pod.

The inspiration and entertainment carry me through!

Blitzspear said...

I had to give up listening to my ipod with headphones on as the kids kept scaring the gak out of me by tapping me on the sholder :)
So it's just radio 1 in the background now and i've only tried watching a dvd ones when modelling and that was all 5 seasons of Bab5 whist buiding the Agamemnon. But we do have a laptop now so may give it a go and i'd probably choose 1, Full Metal Jacket
2, The 13th warrior (love Vikings) 3,any of the LOTR'S
4,The Longest Day
5,Apoc Now just for the air cav bit lol

Unknown said...

Recently this is what I've been watching.
1. Terminator films (man I wish they'd made Skynet minis.)
2. Alien films
3. Speed
4. Point Break
5. Halloween films (since it's almost Halloween.)

For music as of late it's been mostly Austrian Death Machine, but I put iTunes on random every now and then.