Friday, August 21, 2009

Ogryn Chimera, Rough Riders, & more

Work has progressed quite well on the Ogryn Chimera, adding a top component to house the turreted multilaser. I also added some crude armor plating and rivets, crude because I suck at working with plasticard. Oh well, practice makes perfect...




My motorized rough riders have received some attention, as well. I have overcome my aversion to the hand held hunting lance with a speargun-style launcher that is mounted on the handlebars. This as easy as drilling out the GL and sticking the end of a lance into it. Simple but effective.




Last but certainly not least, my latest hobby toy arrived in the mail today...





This weekend will be filled with airbrushy goodness, assuming it's not too humid (thank you very much Lake Michigan).


The war goes on,
Hessler

5 comments:

Col. Corbane said...

The conversion's coming on great, I wasn't sure at first but it's really shaping up.

I'm also very envious of your latest toy ;)

Craig said...

wow that is one awesome spray set!

the other Kevin said...

Shouldn't have any trouble getting Ogryns to ride in that Chimera. It's coming along nicely!
I like what you've done with the GL and lance. I think it covers the one-shot intent, with much more realism than a standard lance.
Sweet new toy. Hoping to see soon how you use it.

Admiral Drax said...

Love the lance-harpoon utterly. And the ogrynmobile.

Itkovian said...

Very nice. Wasn't sure about the land-speeder-tacked-on-to-a-land-raider thing to start with, but with those added details, it's looking great!

So how are you finding the airbrush? Worth the ridiculous amount of money?