Friday, March 19, 2010

We Have A Winner

I have finally made some strides in the war of the heavy tank. After some preliminary mods to a 1/35 Merkava tank kit, I have found the design I am looking for. The main design element that ties it in with GW super heavies is its dimensions. It has a nice wide chassis and is relatively short in its height. Some pics...




I have mounted two heavy stubbers to the turret. They are from the GW Stormlord kit and are mounted on swing arms that I scrounged from a Valkyrie. An additional heavy stubber has been mounted on the co-axle of the turret. Rules wise, I may consult the VDR on this one.

I'm still in the building stages on this one but I couldn't help myself and decided to post a few pics anyways. Work continues on my next to Tiger Russ variants and I am hoping to post an update for those this weekend.

The war goes on,
Hessler

1 comment:

Blitzspear said...

That's looking awsome.