Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So I Lied...

Only days after committing myself to only work on existing projects, I was moved to start tinkering with another idea that's been bouncing around in my head for quite some time. My hands went to plastic and after a few hours of working with plasticard and some putty, I came up with these...


I carved up some Tau jets from the Devilfish kit and I will be turning the wings of the Valkyrie upwards, essentially flipping them upside down. The Tau thrusters are much more believable to me in terms of being able to deliver enough power to get that bird off the ground.

I think I was originally inspired to start this when I was watching Final Fantasy:Spirits Within way back when. I remember really liking the bird-like design of the Copperhead transport they had flying around. Here's a picture of that...


I went back and forth on this Valkyrie design between these upgraded thrusters and a wingless version with rotors, more like a helicopter. Although the heli would fit in with my Sentinel variants, the Tau thrusters are much more appealing to me. And, in the end, that is what it's all about.

So NOW I will recommit myself to only work on projects that I have already started...at least until my next late-night idea comes along...

The war goes on,
Hessler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's an evocative and impressive start. I can't wait to see more of this.