Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Greatcoat Mystery pt. 5

I've painted up one of the greatcoats just to test my color choices and I am happy with how it came out. Here is a pic...



Colors used are:
  • Vallejo English Uniform
  • Vallejo Khaki (webbing)
  • Wargames Foundry Drab B (flak armor)
  • Vallejo Black
  • Vallejo Gunmetal
  • Washes of Badab Black & Ogryn Flesh
It would appear that some of the colors have washed out thanks to my photo processing software. Overcast skies are not producing a great deal of sun right now so I had to make do with some lamps.

I do want to present these as dirty, muddy trenchers so highlighting will be minimal.

Anyways, thanks for looking and please leave me your comments and/or criticisms.

The war goes on,
Hessler

8 comments:

Col. Corbane said...

They've turned out really nice mate, kudos to you on this new technique matey.

Col. Hessler said...

Thanks mate. It's funny because now that I cracked this nut, it really gets the creative juices flowing. I am now thinking "Desert Rats"...with shorts & shemaghs.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic stuff. I've really enjoyed watching this work develop, and now to see it pay off so perfectly. Brilliant.

You've given me some great ideas and inspiration.
Thank you.


p.s. grew up in AH. small world.

Blitzspear said...

Outstanding work, that paint job pulls it all together so nicely. I'm going to have to pike up some more of this pewter sheet for my own greatcoat IG's soon. I may get them finished before xmas then :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... I'm sending this out to my local gaming group... this level of awesome must be shared...

CommissarHarris said...

Nicely Done, Nicely Executed. Any thoughts on weathering them further?

Col. Hessler said...

@clt40k: thanks!

@ComHarris: I will "dust" the feet and bottom of the coats with some Tamiya weathering powder. I thought about going for the mud look but I don't fancy having stuff caked on the bases and models. Time will tell I guess.

Admiral Drax said...

How did I ever miss this finished product? Marvellous!